Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Peach Habanero Salsa Recipe





Peach season is just about done. Seems I'm last to pick them up. 

I picked up a few and Gabe and I really like salsa

Ingredients:


1 c white vinegar

12 c chopped pitted peeled peaches

2 habanero peppers, seeded and chopped

2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped

1 c loosely packed finely chopped fresh cilantro

1/4 cup honey (or substitute agave nectar or white sugar)

2 cloves of minced garlic

1 Tbsp ground cumin

1 tsp cayenne pepper

2 1/2  c chopped red onion 

Directions:

In a nonreactive pot add vinegar. Chop peaches and add to vinegar to prevent browning.  Add remaining ingredients.  Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened – about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.  If you do not plan to can this recipe, let cool and serve.  



2 comments:

  1. Myra here....When I saw the peppers, reminded me of the yummy hot pepper pineapple jam you used to make. Never have I found anything I buy to equal that. This sounds interesting but not my taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had extra peaches so wanted to try something different

      Delete