Monday, May 27, 2024

Tom Collins






 Directions:

2 ½ cups ice, divided


2 fluid ounces gin ( I didn't use gin- I used vodka)


¾ fluid ounce lemon juice


½ fluid ounce simple syrup ( I picked up a premade bottle at TJ Max)


2 fluid ounces club soda


1 lemon wedge


Directions:

Fill a Collins glass with 1 1/2 cups ice; set aside in the freezer.


Combine vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add 1 cup ice, cover, and shake until chilled


Strain into the chilled Collins glass. Top with club soda and garnish with lemon wedge.

I use to buy collins mix premixed in a bottle. In New York I could get it in any store but down here- not available. Since I can't buy it I decided to give this a try.

2 comments:

  1. This is Myra...I used to LOVE Tom Collins. Haven't had one for years. For a few years now I don't have anything with alcohol. It makes me too dizzy. This sounds like something I would love tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't drink much either anymore. This is nice drink causeI can control the amount of booze I add

      Delete