Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Pumpkin Apple Soup


 



Ingredients:


3 tablespoons butter

1 cup finely chopped onion

1 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice

1/4 teaspoon Ginger, Ground

1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin

1 cup chunky applesauce

3 1/2 cups chicken broth

3/4 cup half and half ( used low fat)

Directions:

Saute the onions in a saucepan in the butter.

Place the pumpkin, spices, applesauce and the chicken broth to a large pot.

Combine the above until smooth and heat slowly.

Once the pumpkin mixture is hot ( but not bubbly) slowly add the heavy cream and stir. Simmer and serve warm

We actually had a few days where it was cool! Usually October is warm but the cooler air did not hurt my feelings.

Used the apple sauce I made and this soup was delicious.



2 comments:

  1. I had to laugh that the cooler air did not hurt your feelings. You are finding so many good apple recipes. I must say tho, that the tomato bisque soup is my very favorite one. I can't wait to make some and feast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie at the library is having a birthday soon so will be adding a cake that I'm going to make for her. I also have another tomato soup recipe that I'm going to try

    ReplyDelete