Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Old Fashioned Snickerdoodles- Live Oak Recipe Exchange

 



Ingredients

1/2 cup margarine (1 stick)

3/4 cup sugar

1 medium egg

1 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1-2/3 cups flour

2 tablespoons white sugar mixed with 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions:

In a large bowl mash together the margarine and sugar. Add the egg and beat until everything is creamy. Add the baking powder, salt and flour. Stir it up until you have a nice thick dough. In a cereal bowl, combine the cinnamon and 2 tablespoons sugar.


 Shape the dough into balls the size of a walnut, or an egg yolk. Roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place the coated balls on an oiled cookie sheet. Using the bottom of a smooth cup or glass, press the dough down to flatten the cookies slightly. Bake them at 400° for 10 minutes. If your oven runs hot, turn it down to 375°.

Made this for recipe exchange. The months theme is heritage  recipes. Christina was happy I made them 😁😁😁

Snickerdoodles were the first cookie I ever made. My grandfather loved them.

6 comments:

  1. They look so good Linda. I am going to try them. Maybe not this week, but one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some cookies left and the cable guy had to come over today. I gave him a bunch an he left VERY happy!

      Delete
  2. These look real good.

    I was wondering why I'm not getting emails from you when you post. I just keep having to come in everyday to look.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine- Google isn't sending emails any longer. Check in once a week. I usually add something then. Hope you guys are doing well-

      Delete
  3. Lord Lady.... that picute.. lol...... those cookies were yummmmmmy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that lovely picture is going viral!

      Delete