Friday, March 31, 2023

March Books

 

My first book in March is a banned book-Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. The book has been around for ages. I didn't remember it. Sure any kid in a Florida school will never read it- SAD.

Mrs. Astor Regrets: The Hidden Betrayals of a Family Beyond Reproach by Meryl Gordon was the next book I really liked. It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor - there always seems to be rotten family members.

Queen Victoria's Mysterious Daughter: A Biography of Princess Louise by Lucinda Hawksley. 

Twice as Hard: The Stories of Black Women Who Fought to Become Physicians, from the Civil War to the Twenty-First Century by Jasmine Brown.

When Night falls. Number 14 in the Bunburry series. Love this cozy series!

The Beekeeper's Cottage by 
Emma Davies- not a cozy mystery but a sweet story.

Wayward by Emilia Hart--When I downloaded this book there wasn't a wait list. I loved it and finished it in a day. Today I saw it's on the Times Bestseller list! Really liked it

The Magnificent Lives of Marjorie Post- wonderful book

The Golden Spoon- sort of a take off of the BBC series baking show. I'm a fan of The Great British Bake Off and mysteries,  I found this to be overall an entertaining tale.

2 comments:

  1. The Golden Spoon is in my library queue- looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, I love reading your Books of the month. It is so sad that so many good books got banned. So many of them that I have read and loved. I must find the Golden Spoon. I am a big fan of Bake Off shows, and know I will enjoy this one. Thanks again for books to add to my lists.

    ReplyDelete