Sunday, July 10, 2022

HAPPY 10th Birthday to Max

 





It's been such a long time since I have posted anything about Max. This is a brief summery of what has been going on.


Five years ago we were ready to send him over the rainbow bridge. He was so sick. Couldn't get up to walk, we had to help him stand and no appetite . He has always had a problems with his hips and vet gave him oxycontin to relieve some of the pain. I realized that  some of his condition was due to a  horrible reaction to the medication. I told Gabe to stop the meds and see what if anything would change. One day off the med ( it was more then one day- think it was closer almost 48 hours) didn't seem to make much of a difference. Called around to find a vet who would come to the house and relieve him of his pain. There are no vets in this area that come to the house and our friend Ted was gonna come over and help Gabe put him in the truck to take him to the vet.

I told Gabe that before he took him I wanted to give him one last good thing- one of his bones in the freezer.

I gave him the bone and he not only took it but wanted to go outside and eat it and on the grass! When I saw that I said to Gabe that there is no way he was ready to leave us yet. He's on three medications now ( not oxycontin) and he also goes for laser treatments once a month.

He doesn't walk very far anymore but he still goes out for 3 walks a day.

He lost  weight, which is better for his hip but every bite I take he watches me.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR MM


8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Max. How well I remember all you went through. So happy that he is doing so well and he is living the good life. Give him some good belly rubs from me, and I am thrilled he has a birthday to celebrate today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Max! Sounds like he rose from the ashes & is living a good life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Max! Awww, I loved reading this and know that he still has lots of love to to give you guys. Very intuitive of you, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Happy Birthday Max! What a sweet boy. 10 years old....wow where did THAT time go? I still remember him as the little peanut you brought home!

    ReplyDelete