Monday, May 6, 2019

Mama Hope's Mexican Chicken Casserole




 Yesterday was Cinco de Mayo and I wanted to make this recipe It was in another cookbook that found it's way to my kitchen.

The cookbook Recipes From The Heart is a collection of recipes from family and friends of Hospice Care.

The recipe below was added to the book in honor of Ruby and Tyson Hope. 


Ingredients:

24 ounces boneless, skinless breast ( cut into bite sized pieces)

8 ounces sour cream

10 ounce can Cream of Celery soup

8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese

6 ounce can chopped chilies

2 teaspoons hot sauce ( any kind you prefer)

1/4 cup milk

white corn tortilla chips


Directions:

Mix soup, sour cream, chilies, hot sauce and milk in a bowl and set aside.

Prepare 13 x 9 x 2 dish with cooking spray and cover the bottom of the dish with tortilla chips. 

Add the chicken then spoon soup mixture over the layer of the  chicken and tortilla's using 1/2 of the amount of the mixture.

Add 1/2 of the shredded cheese then repeat with soup mixture then the cheese.

Crush a few of the chips and refrigerate at least 3 hours before baking.

Bake for one hour at 350.

4 comments:

  1. Another one for me to copy out. This is also one I know I will like.
    Going to wait til I have my kids over to make this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. I will make this and give the recipe to some family members to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many more recipes to make in that little cookbook-

      Delete