Sunday, May 5, 2019

Asian Stir-Fried Collard Greens

I pulled the last collard plant this week.  The IP is a great way to cook them but I wanted to try another recipe.  

This is REALLY good!







Ingredients:

1/3 lb bacon- sliced

1 onion- sliced

4-5 garlic cloves- minced

1/4 cup peppers- diced

1 Tbsp ginger- grated

1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes

32 oz fresh shredded collard greens

1 Tbsp sesame oil

1/4 cup soy sauce

2 Tbsp fish sauce

1 Tbsp sugar


Directions:

In a large heated skillet, fry bacon until crispy.

Add onion, garlic, peppers, ginger and crushed red pepper to the skillet. Stir fry until onion ares translucent.



Add collard greens. Stir-fry for about 10-12 minutes on medium-high heat.

 Add remaining ingredients and a little water or chicken broth if needed. Cook for an additional minute or so


4 comments:

  1. I don't eat Collard greens, but my daughter does, so gonna pass this one on to her. Looks like something she would like. Thanks Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved this one! Hope Monica does also.

      Delete
  2. I don't care for collard Greens . I do love the smell of them cooking. My Dear deceased neighbor made this and gave me a sample to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a New Yorker I can honestly tell you I LOVE them! Glad you got to try them.

      Delete