Saturday, September 1, 2012

Dogs and The Women Who Love Them


Usually I don't say much about a book. Book choices are personal and what I may love you may look at and think " no way".  This book was a recent gift and is perfect for the subject and the timing.

The authors wrote angel dogs ,  which I did not read but I know there are such dogs, I owned one. I loved our first lab Rex very much but Rip, well he was so very special. As I write this it been eight months,  10   days since he left us and just writing this, the tears are rolling down my face. He's not hogging up the couch or not around to give me dirty looks when I sing.It's funny how much you miss 115 pounds on your lap. I will miss him till I take my last breath and then I will breath again because I believe he is waiting for me with Myra's Fred. Here's a perfect quote for all dog lovers-

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan." Irving Townsend.

I 'm so thankful for the angel humans who also own dogs and are definitely women who love dogs and were by my side when Rip was sick and when he passed. I will never, ever forget you.No matter what, I will always give you the support you gave me when I needed it the most.



The happy news is we are getting a new family member. He will be our last puppy. His name is undecided. We like Luke, Tyson, Max,Moss and Roc. Our other labs were Rip and Rex. we might go with the "R" again but since he's not a black lab we may change it this time. We'll know when we meet him that his name fits him like Rip was a real Rip and Rex was a king.

This woman who loves dogs and can't pass one without going up and asking if I can pet it will be sharing tons of photos. He will be my new model and sure Rip has given him all the information he needs to know on how to wrap me around his little paw.

2 comments:

  1. Divingabe's Honey,

    You and Divingabe suffered a tremendous loss when Rip passed on. Rip was such a good pup who was SO loved. He will always be in your hearts. I know that your new pup will be welcomed into an amazing home and will be so loved and SO lucky to have such a good mommy and daddy. I love my three little puppy sons and can relate to your love of dogs... who are very much a part of our families. I wish you well with your new little guy and I know he will in return give to you lots of love and bring lots of joy to your home. I'm glad this book was of comfort to you.

    ~ Love, Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful ! Yes, both Rex and Rip will be with you forever in your hearts, and the new puppy will be so very blessed to have the love and affection that was given to both of them. This book seems like it is one I should read. I am so looking forward to reading and seeing photos of the new puppy. So very very happy and excited for you. Both Fred and Rip will be watching and guiding all the way.

    ReplyDelete