Sunday, July 15, 2018
4 cups cubed Seedless Watermelon
1/2 cup Sugar ( you can also use stevia )
2 cups Water
1/2 cup lemon juice
Combine sugar and 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil. Stir to dissolve.
Allow to cool.
Place watermelon, sugar syrup and lemon juice in blender, blend until not chunks of watermelon remain.
Add remaining 1 1/2 cup water to blender and
Chill and serve over ice. Garnish with watermelon or lemon slices.
Monday, July 9, 2018
This recipe is from the old TOH board. I printed it in 2004.
2 small ( 0.3 oz) packages Jello Black Cherry- sugar free
2 cups hot water
2 cups diet black cherry soda
Mix together all of the above. Place in refrigerator for 3 hours.
After 3 hours, remove from refrigerator. Beat jello mixture with electric hand beater. Add 8 ounces fat free cool whip and mix again with electric beater.
Make the night before you plan on serving.
Place in a bowl you will serve it in.
When set, add chocolate chips to resemble a watermelon.
Friday, July 6, 2018
1 pound daikon radish, peeled, cut or cubed
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
Add sugar, water, vinegar, and salt to a medium size saucepan. Place on to medium to high heat.
Mix and combine until sugar fully dissolves. Takes about 2-3 minutes
Take off heat and allow to fully cool
Peel daikon radishes and cut into ½ inch round discs. Take each disc and cut into ½ inch cubes and set aside
Place cubed radish into jar and pour pickling liquid over. Seal and place in refrigerator
Let the relish sit in the refrigerator of a few days.
Enjoy the tangy, refreshing, and crunchy pickled radish!
Wednesday, July 4, 2018
The uniform still fits!
"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."
- Harry S Truman
Saturday, June 30, 2018
The coolest analogy I have heard is that the trench is roughly as deep as a commercial airliner flies high. That gives you some perspective.
Trieste is a Swiss-designed, Italian-built deep-diving research bathyscaphe, which with its crew of two reached a record maximum depth of about 10,911 metres (35,797 ft), in the deepest known part of the Earth's oceans, the Challenger Deep, in the Mariana Trench near Guam in the Pacific. On 23 January 1960, Jacques Piccard (son of the boat's designer Auguste Piccard) and US Navy Lieutenant Don Walsh achieved the goal of Project Nekton.
Trieste was the first manned vessel to have reached the bottom of the Challenger Deep.
Tuesday, June 26, 2018
I planted four spaghetti squash and they started out beautifully. Lots of male flowers and when a female flower popped up I would pollinate it, hoping for a veggie. Three of the squash started to grow then BAM the leaves were hit with powdered mildew. Pulled out the three plants and figured the last one was on it's own. As you might notice in the photo the squash look pitiful but there is one and a few potential ones!
1 decent sized spaghetti squash (you will use 2 cups of the drained strands)
1.5 cups panko bread crumbs
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
seasoning to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut spaghetti squash in half, core, and bake with the flesh side down on a baking sheet for approximately 45 minutes . Let it cool for about 10 minutes before breaking apart the strands.
3. Measure out approximately 2 cups of spaghetti squash strands, and then squeeze as much water out of the strands as you can.
4. Add drained squash to food processor and pulse a few times.
5. Add eggs pulse again a few times
6. Remove squash mixture to a medium sized bowl. Add cheese and panko and mix until well combined.
7. Use your hands to form tot and place them on parchment paper.
8 Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, flip, and then bake for an additional 8-12 minutes.
Wednesday, June 20, 2018
2 medium sized zucchinis, spiralized
1/2 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt (must use Greek and not regular)
1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce (smooth kind without seeds)
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp sriracha sauce (or other hot sauce)
1 tsp lime juice
1. Cook zucchini noodles in boiling water for about 2-3 minutes or until just barely cooked (tender yet still firm). Drain and set aside.
2. Add remaining ingredients into a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth. Pour over zucchini noodles and serve right away.