Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Kale Crunch Salad- Chick-Fil-A Copycat Recipe

 I never had Chick Fil A salad. We do have one in town but Gabe and I don't eat fast food. I have LOTS of kale and wanted to give this a try. It's a make again!

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 tablespoons cider vinegar

2 tablespoons maple syrup

2 teaspoons dijon mustard

1/4 teaspoons salt

4 cups finely chopped kale

1 cup finely chopped cabbage

1/4  chopped salted almonds

Directions:

In a bowl mix the first five ingredients

Add kale

With clean hands massage the kale with the combined five ingredients for about 2 to 3 minutes until wilted.

Add cabbage - toss to combine

Sprinkle with almonds

* Salted Almonds- preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Toss almonds with 1 teaspoon vegetable oil and 1/4 tsp. salt

Spread the almonds on the prepared baking pan. Bake until golden brown and fragrant- or be a cheated like me and just buy a small package and toss them in. As you can see I sort of dumped them in the salad. 



1 comment:

  1. This sounds so good. You know how fussy I am about eating. I do love cabbage, and I do eat kale in a salad, so I might just have to try this one. The dressing sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete