Friday, December 15, 2023

Slowcooker Apple Sauce ( No Sugar)

 




Ingredients:

5 pounds apples - I used gala

1 tablespoon Saigon Cinnamon 

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg 

Directions:

You can cut off the peels but I like them, plus it gives more fiber to the sauce.

Cut the core out and slice apple and place in slowcooker

Sprinkle the cinnamon and nutmeg over the apples. You can add cloves if you like them. I didn't- not a clove fan

Toss with a spoon and set the slowcooker on high and let cook for 3 to 4 hours.

When soft use a immersion blender to make the sauce.

It doesn't need any water nor sugar. The apples cook down and I didn't add any sugar but it can be added to taste.

THIS DOES MAKE THE HOUSE SMELL WONDERFUL WHEN COOKING!

2 comments:

  1. Linda, you are such a good cook. I hardly do any cooking anymore. It is easier for me just to buy it. My food tastes have changed so much. Whatever is easy is what I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a bunch of apple that needed to be used. Instead of making something sweet I did this. No sugar! It was easy and good.

      Delete