Tuesday, November 21, 2023

BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE

This recipe was posted on another private forum I'm on by a wonderful lady named Joyce...I'm so glad she ran across this recipe.  It's going in my "keepers" file for sure.  I used fresh broccoli and cauliflower instead of frozen....Bob deemed this a winner...so did I...it's SO GOOD!-- This is Carol's review





BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER CASSEROLE 

(Source: McCormick.com)

"This creamy casserole can be made a day ahead, refrigerated and then baked just before dinner. Using frozen vegetables makes this dish a cinch."


1/2 c. fine dry bread crumbs

1/4 c. plus 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, divided

2 Tbsp. butter, melted

1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning, divided

1 (16 oz.) frozen broccoli florets, thawed (I used fresh)

1 (16 oz.) pkg. frozen cauliflower florets, thawed (I used fresh)*

2 Tbsp. butter

1 Large onion, chopped (1 c.)

2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour

1 tsp. garlic salt (I used garlic powder)

1/4 tsp. black pepper, coarse ground

1 1/4 c. milk

4 oz.  cream cheese, cut-up


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 


Mix bread crumbs, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, 2 Tbsp.melted butter and 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning in small bowl; set aside. Cut up any large broccoli florets or cauliflower into bite-size pieces.


Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, remaining 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper. Add milk; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cream cheese and remaining 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Add vegetables; toss gently to coat. Spoon into 2-quart baking dish (I sprayed the pan with cooking spray). Sprinkle top evenly with crumb mixture


Bake 40 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly browned.


Makes 10 servings.

This would be a great side dish for the holidays!

* since fresh veggies take longer to cook I place foil over the dish and baked for the 40 minutes. I removed foil after 40 and let the top brown.


3 comments:

  1. This sounds like something my family would love. Keeping this one close for Cristmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot all about this recipe, Linda! Glad you tried it and liked it. I'll have to make it again someday when I see a good sale on fresh broccoli and cauliflower.

    ReplyDelete