Saturday, June 17, 2023

Florida Watermelon Rickey

 



Ingredients:

2 cups fresh Florida watermelon, chopped (plus more for garnish if desired)

4 ounces gin

2 fresh limes, juiced

1 ounce simple syrup

Mint leaves and fresh sliced lime for garnish

Soda water, chilled


Directions:

Rinse blender and make sure all the parts are clean and ready to use. Add the fresh watermelon and simple syrup to the blender. Blend until smooth, then strain through a mesh strainer. In a cocktail shaker, add 4 ounces of fresh watermelon juice,  gin and lime juice.  Fill two glasses with ice.  Top each cocktail with chilled soda water and garnish with lime, mint and fresh watermelon if desired. 

Last month was Watermelon season in our area. Prices were pretty good which is great cause I love fresh cold watermelon.  💟

2 comments:

  1. Yummy, this sounds great. I don't drink anymore, but I can remember when I was young, many many years ago, I used to get a lime rickey at the old fashioned soda shop. It was so good. I don't think they added any booze to it. Bet I could make this one without the gin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I did the first one without gin and loved it.

      Delete