Saturday, January 28, 2023

MANGO BLACK BEAN SALAD

 



Ingredients:

1 (15.8-ounces) can black beans drained and rinsed

2 diced mangoes

1 cup sweet red bell pepper diced

1/2 cup red onion finely chopped

1/2 cup cilantro leaves chopped

1 tablespoon fresh lime juice

zest of one lime

1 tablespoon olive oil

2 tablespoons honey


1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon black pepper


Directions:

In a medium bowl gently mix all ingredients.  Refrigerate for 4 hours or longer to allow flavors to mingle.  Check salt and pepper and adjust to taste.

Our local produce store KC's has a FB page that I check daily. Mr. Charles who owns KC's posts daily specials. A flat of mangos were on sale for 12.99.  

I like mangos but I can NOT cut a mango the proper way BUT my Thai Sister Mei can!!!!!!!!

I picked her up so she could pick out the best mango's ( I'm not good at that). We got our flat which consists of 31 mango's. 

Half was suppose to be for me and the other half for Mei. She came over about a half hour after we got home with two HUGE bags of cut up mangos.

I made MANGO GUMMIES and also took about four of the cut up mangos and added them to the dehydrator.

I gave Mei half of the gummies and dried mangos. 

We still have half a flat left. Any mango recipes posted after this one will be from the flat I bought at KC's.

Bonus: I used one of my fresh limes from my 40 year old tree.  We almost lost the tree a few years ago ( our fault -we had it in the shed when we had a freeze but DUMB us left the windows open). It's coming back❤❤❤❤

2 comments:

  1. Lots and lots of Mangoes for you and Mei. You made gummies. Wow. I can't say I am amazed, because you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gummies came out good and Mei LOVED them!

    ReplyDelete