Tuesday, August 30, 2022

August Books

 Cleopatra Fox #1

MURDER AT THE MAYFAIR HOTEL by C.J. Archer- I really liked this series. Read four of them so far and waiting for the new one to come out. For some reason this series reminds me of a PBS show Miss Scarlet and the Duke.

December 1899. After the death of her beloved grandmother, Cleopatra Fox moves into the luxury hotel owned by her estranged uncle in the hopes of putting hardship and loneliness behind her. But the poisoning of a guest throws her new life, and the hotel, into chaos.

The next is another series. Jean Grainger is an Irish author. The first book was What Once Was True. Enjoyed all in this series.

No Place to Go: How Public Toilets Fail Our Private Needs-Takes on a really fascinating issue that one might not think of as an human rights issue, but Lowe makes a convincing argument that it absolutely should be: increased quantity of and access to public bathrooms. Like clean water and fresh air, the basic human need to relieve ourselves in clean and copiously available public facilities should be monitored and assured in communities.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for these reviews. I will have to check them out. I was looking up another author and found another book I want to get. It is called "The Magnolia Palace" by Fiona Davis. I noticed my library has a copy, so I will go and get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Magnolia Palace" by Fiona Davis was really good! I just looked it up and liked it.

    ReplyDelete