Saturday, January 15, 2022

KUMQUAT PIE




Ingredients

4 cups ripe kumquats whole

14 ounces sweetened condensed milk

⅓ cup lemon juice fresh

8 ounces frozen whipped topping thawed

Optional garnish: whipped topping and candied kumquat slices

1 graham cracker crust purchased, deep dish


Directions:

To remove the kumquat seeds, cut the fruit in half. Then use a wooden skewer or another tool with a sharp point, and pop them out. While most seeds are apparent, you might have to dig around a bit to find the hidden ones.

Place the seeded kumquats in a food processor, and puree until the mixture is relatively smooth. You should end up with anywhere from one to two cups of pureed fruit.

Whisk together the pureed fruit, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and the whipped topping in a medium-size bowl.

Pour the filling into the graham cracker crust and chill for two to three hours before serving.

Optional, garnish the slices with a dollop of whipped cream and sliced candied kumquats.


Ae-Yun gave me a small bag of kumquats. I made salsa quite a few years ago, which came out pretty good. I told her I would make something with the kumquats for her.

This is a Kumquat


3 comments:

  1. I remember you making the Kumquat salsa. This pie looks so good. I am sure Ae-Yun will love it. I just made a pie yesterday for Mike, but I used Oreo cookies and cream pudding mix and cool whip. Must tell you, my new favorite salsa is cherry pepper salsa. I had it today for lunch with blue corn chips....yummy......I also bought a jar of pepper jelly, but nothing compares to the one you used to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dropped off the pie she was super busy. Hope she put it in the fridge.

      Going to look for some cherry peppers and give it a try!

      Delete
    2. Please don't do the pepper jelly just for me. I know it is hard for you to lift the pot.

      Delete