Saturday, January 22, 2022

70




 What is seventy suppose to feel like? Aches and pains- sure I have them but I think everyone has some sort of one or the other. 

Memory going- that makes me laugh. My memory is great for remembering stuff I did when I was young, dumb things I wish I never did. Now, that stupid grocery list- I never know where I put it. Gabe keeps telling me I need to put the list on my phone. Right- I seem to leave the phone in the car or at home when I shop. So much for that idea.

I've been reading articles on Flipboard ( excellent site) and one keeps popping up about how walking is great for "older" people. It's suppose to keep dementia away. If this is true then hopefully I'm doing something right.

Gabe walks every morning first. He takes Max out at 4:15 then does 2 miles. That's 4:15 AM.  No way am I going to get up at that hour! I get up at 5 and we are out of the house at 5:45.

We meet up with other old people. Sharon and Don- Sharon is 82 and Don is 91. Mey is almost 70. Laurie- is a young lady who also walks with us, Around we go for our 2 miles stroll and  Gabe's 2 additional miles.

Oh- btw, we walk 365 days. Rain, heat- we are out.

 What do you talk about that hour of the morning? I've been up and on the computer and remember the good stuff ( guess there really is something to this walking huh). Mey always has something to tell us about her hubby plus by the time we walk she has already had a pot of coffee!!

Since Gabe has had breakfast he use to get ready to go diving but THANK GOD he no longer dives. He gave all his equipment away and now is into biking.

Since I'm intermittent fasting I can't eat until 8. Sometimes I hit the grocery stores early and other times I just hang out on the computer but after I eat that's when my day starts.

I love the gym. I have my little routine. I do elliptical for 30 minutes with a 5 min cool down ( which I don't do as a cool down). Then onto the stationary bike. This is where the fun begins. I have favorite tunes on my phone ( would never forget my phone for the gym- priorities you know). Intensity points for a 70 year old is 150 minutes. I'm not that fit to get that in one day but I have gotten it down to three days. I ride that stationary bike like the devil has come down from Georgia- LOL. There is one thing that maybe does come from age. I can't stand if someone else is on MY favorite bike!! Planet Fitness has 6 stationary bikes, the other six are recumbent which I don't like. Then if someone gets on the bike next to me ( which they aren't suppose to due to covid) I cut my workout short. Most people are not vaccinated  in this area and do not want to take a chance.

Now, when I'm done I do a tiny bit of socializing then off to either home or Aldi. Aldi doesn't open early so that's my after gym shopping.

When I get home Gabe is usually back from his ride ( he does between 26 and 30 miles a day) and that's it for him. He hangs out and usually takes a nap. The wife - no. If it's nice, I'm outside weeding or planting. If the the weather is crappy then I bake or looking for new recipes.

How's this for someone who hasn't turned 70 until today?

I wonder now that I am 70 will I slow down? God willing and if the creek don't rise I pray both Gabe and I stay healthy and happy for a very long time 💓💓



8 comments:

  1. First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!! No way can you be 70 with all you do. I wish I had half the energy you do. I am amazed at the amount of time you spend exercising. I am with you in the memory from long ago, but ask me what I was thinking of 2 minutes ago, I am BLANK ! Guess we have to deal with the aging thing, but it sure isn't a good thing when you are saying something and then can't remember what you said.
    I love your post today. I can't believe how many miles Gabe rides every day, and walks too. You are lucky to have neighbors to walk with. Walking with others makes it go faster. Don't ever slow down, when you do, you shrivel up. I should take my own advice. Ever since I moved, I have been so lazy. It is cold now, but once it warms up, I need you to push me to walk. We have a nice walking path here, and I should use it.

    Happy Birthday to you. You are only getting younger. So proud of all you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much BFF!

      If I don't have anyone to walk with I listen to one of my books or a podcast. I save the music for the bike!

      Delete
  2. Happy, happy birthday! I'll hit the age with [supposed] benefits this year, and the Mr will be 10 yrs older than that this week. We walk almost every day (this past week with 2 snow events on top of each other it made roads and sidewalks treacherous so we walked in Sam's one of those days, but it's not the same). I always tell people we solve all the country's and world's problems on those walks. But, the fact is sometimes we don't even speak for blocks at a time. You've got an awesome routine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita!

      Please tell your hubby early birthday wishes.

      One thing I appreciate about our weather is we don't get the ice and snow. It was one of the reasons we moved here. We would never be able to ride our bikes back home this time of year.

      Thanks so much for stopping by!!!!

      Delete
  3. Linda you and Gabe will never grow old with all the things you do. May God continue to Bless you. I wish only the best for you on all those Birthdays to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Gabe will be "Forever Young" with all the movin' and shakin' you two do! A belated Happy Birthday to you, Linda!

    ReplyDelete