Saturday, December 4, 2021

Old Lady’s Beet Soup





Ingredients:

½ stick of butter (4 tablespoons)

1 yellow onion ( small)

3 small beets (equivalent to 1 large)

1 tomato

32 oz. beef stock

2 tbsp. white vinegar

2 tbsp. sugar

1 tsp garlic salt

1/8 tsp black pepper


Sour cream and dill to taste


Directions:

Melt butter in a large pot; add a chopped onion and sauté until translucent; stir in three grated beets and one chopped tomato. Pour in beef stock, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Broth should be tart and sweet. Bring to a boil, then simmer for an hour. Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream and chopped dill.

No idea why it's Old Lady's Soup.  Recipe from Reddit. 

Liked it!


3 comments:

  1. Linda, Linda....I wish I was more like you. You eat all kinds of foods. You aren't the type to shy away from any different recipe. Plus you are probably a whole lot more healthy than me. Love reading your recipes, and the ones I like, I do try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about heathy but I sure don't shy away from something different!

      I truly appreciate you reading each new post I put up. You are my BFF <3

      Delete
    2. I wouldn't miss any of your posts. I love reading recipes, and yours are great. You are my BFF always.

      Delete