Friday, December 31, 2021

Limoncello Sunrise

 




Ingredients:

3 ounces orange juice ( used fresh- Mey gave me oranges)

2 ounces limoncello ( made this )

Ice

Grenadine*

Orange slices and maraschino cherries for garnish

Directions:

Fill a glass with ice.

Add limoncello and orange juice.

Pour in grenadine, but DO NOT STIR- allow to settle to bottom of glass.

Garnish with orange and maraschino cherry.

 Serve

* I made my own grenadine

1 cups pomegranate juice store-bought 

1 cups granulated sugar

Directions:

Add pomegranate juice to a saucepan over medium low heat.

Add in sugar.

Stir constantly and cook until the surface just begins to bubble and the sugar is completely dissolved. (Don’t boil the mixture!)

Remove your syrup from the heat and allow it to cool before using it in your cocktails

Great way to ring in the new year!


2 comments:

  1. You are a WONDER !! This looks so good. I wish you lived closer.....I would be learning so much more from you. I will toast you tonight with my water. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember when I made the Limoncello? I wanted to use it. Mey doesn't like the oranges and gave me all that was on the tree. Just another way to make something with stuff I have on hand.

      I'm going over to Mey's and we are going to make a toast to you! I'll send you a photo.

      Delete