Wednesday, March 31, 2021

February/March books

 I read quite a few books in February. Only  The Stationery Shop by  Marjan Kamali and When Harry Met Minnie: A True Story of Love and Friendship by Martha Teichner were on the top of my favorite books that month.



March- I usually don't rate books 5 stars. The Indomitable Florence Finch: The Untold Story of a War Widow Turned Resistance Fighter and Savior of American POWs by Robert J. Mrazek is an exceptional story. I have read a lot of books regarding this time period but very little on what happened in the South Pacific. This is an incredible story that explains what happened to people who were in the Philippines when the Japanese invaded. A wonderful story about a courageous woman who saved numerous lives from the Japanese in the Philippines during World War II. Florence Finch saved countless lives from the Japanese and became a resistance fighter. She was captured and tortured by the Japanese but refused to give information concerning aiding the Filipino resistance or giving medical aid to American POW's. Truly a remarkable story of a remarkable and brave woman


The Kitchen Front by Jennifer Ryan-This incredibly sweet and heartwarming story is a perfect read for fans of World War II stories and the Great British Baking Off! It’s the story of four women who are in a cooking competition to prove they can create the best innovative and healthy recipes to make with rations in war torn England. Through the competition, they all become friends and support each other. This is one of the most positive and heartwarming stories I’ve read in a long time! Highly recommended for those of us who need a smile and to be reminded that even in the midst of difficult situations, there are still good people out there in the world. 


2,000 Miles Together: The Story of the Largest Family to Hike the Appalachian Trail by Ben Crawford. I rated it good. They hiked the trail with the whole family including the baby ( which they carried on their back). If you don't want to read the book they have lots of videos on You Tube.

 The last one for March was PUSH by Ashley Audrain. Honest I don't know how to rate this. I didn't hate it and if anyone has any thoughts please add in the comments.



2 comments:

  1. I have been keeping a record of the books you read and marking the ones that interest me. When I have some time after my move, I will be checking them out. Thanks for all the reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. once you get settled would love to know what you think of PUSH

      Delete