Friday, January 8, 2021

Avocado “hollandaise” sauce

 



Ingredients

1/2 avocado

Juice of 1/4 lemon (  juice depends on the size of the lemon and the time of year. A medium lemon will give 2-3 Tablespoons of juice, where a larger lemon can give 1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons). Just have to decide on much lemon flavor you want in your recipe as to which number you pick.)

2 tablespoon olive oil

1 tablespoon milk of choice ( I used Almond Milk)

Salt (to taste)


Directions:

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

1. Blend all ingredients until smooth and there are no chunky bits of avocado.

2. Add more milk if needed.

3. Serve over a poached egg, or whatever type of egg you prefer.


Note: The egg broke but the sauce was very good on it. 

Myra- I KNOW this one is NOT for you! LOL

2 comments:

  1. LOL LOL....... I was just getting to the end of this and I said oh no, I can't even look at the photo. You know I am not going to even read this one.

    I came on to get the sweet potato and black bean recipe, cause I bought the ingredients, minus the avocado to make it tomorrow. I saw this on here, and said.....Nooooo.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have ONE more egg and avocado recipe next week- just wanted to give you the heads up - LOL

      Delete