Friday, October 23, 2020

Longan Smoothie




 I love trying new foods. Mey and Richard came back to Florida after visiting their daughter in Maryland and brought back many goodies. Longan was included, which I never heard of. I had to put the photo of the berry on my garden groups and hoped someone knew what it was. Hey! Facebook is good for something huh?

Health benefits. Both longan and lychee are a good source of vitamin C. An ounce of fresh longan provides almost 40 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin C, while an ounce of fresh lychee provides 33 percent. Vitamin C is important for healthy bones, blood vessels, and skin.

Longan fruit, also referred to as "euphoria fruit," grows on an evergreen tree and is related to the lychee. Both are a translucent white beneath a somewhat soft and nut-like exterior. The longan, however, has a light brown shell and a central hard, glossy black seed that has the appearance of an eye. Thus the Chinese call this fruit "dragon eye.

Ingredients:

5 longans

1 cup Almond Milk

1 frozen banana

1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

Peel the outer skin off the longan. I squeezed the berry and it popped open then peeled the skin.

Take the seed out of the longan. 

Place longans in the blender with the almond milk, frozen banana and vanilla,

Blend until smooth.


Myra- here's another one you would never try! LOL. I had to smile when I was getting this ready to post.


Longan link





1 comment:

  1. LOL........you know me so well....nope I would not try it, but I give you so much credit for trying and using all these different foods. Fred used to get so mad at me for not trying things. I just get a weird feeling when I think about eating something I never heard of. I know I am probably missing out on so many good things. However, I do love seeing your photos and reading about how you used these different foods. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete