Saturday, September 26, 2020

Retro Lemon Pudding Sour Cream Bundt Cake

 




This recipe is from my of patients when I worked at the Westhampton Medical Center.

I made this quite a few times in the past but now I seem to make more cookies then cakes.

It's an oldie but very, very good.

I didn't add a glaze. The person I made it for is a diabetic and I didn't want to add additional sugar.

Ingredients:

1 cup full-fat sour cream

3/4 cup vegetable oil

1/2 cup milk

4 eggs

1 box (15 - 16 ounces ) Lemon cake mix, unprepared

1 box (4-serving size) instant lemon pudding mix, unprepared


Directions:

Preheat oven to 325°F.

Prepare a 10 – 12 cup (9 – 10 inch) bundt pan by greasing it very well with butter then dust flour over the butter. Set aside.

In a large bowl combine the sour cream, oil, and milk.

Beat in the eggs.

Add the cake mix and pudding mix and gently mix until fully incorporated. Do not overmix.

Pour the batter into the greased bundt pan. Smooth the top into an even layer.

Bake for 40 – 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted deeply in the center comes out clean, then again on the opposite side.

Cool in pan 20 minutes then remove by placing a large plate over the top and flipping it right side up. If cake doesn’t fall out right away, give the pan a few light taps until it does.

Let cake cool completely before frosting.

Top with frosting or glaze of choice. 


Serve at room temperature or fridge cold.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like something I made long long ago. Thanks for putting it back in my mind. Going to make this soon.

    ReplyDelete