Sunday, September 20, 2020

Red Beet Pickled Eggs




 Ingredients:

1 14.5 ounce can sliced pickled beets, drain and save juice

6 hard boiled eggs peeled*

1/2 medium sized red onion- sliced in rings

1/2 cup apple cider vinegar

1/2 cup water

2 teaspoons brown sugar

pinch black pepper

1/4 teaspoon salt


Directions:

Place juice from the beets, apple cider vinegar, water, brown sugar, pepper and salt in a medium size saucepan. Bring to a low boil and cook for about 5 minutes. Place eggs, sliced beets and onion rings in a jar that has a lid.

Pour the boiled beet juice mixture over the eggs, beets and onions. Put the lid on and place in refrigerator for at least 24 hours. 

* I do the eggs in my instant pot. Pressure cook on high for 5 minutes, Natural Release for 5 minutes then add to ice water for 5 minutes.

Personal note: every time I make an egg recipe I know Myra will pass on it. Sorry GF, this one is delicious and wanted to add so I can find later.

3 comments:

  1. Larry loves these..I know he will want to make some..We have plenty of Eggs to use. I just try to stay away from him when he eats them..He over indulges on them..Thank you Linda for posting this..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy Larry like them also! Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. LOL LOL You knew I would pass on this one. Tis ok.....I doubt many people are as picky as me when it comes to food !!!

    ReplyDelete