Sunday, September 13, 2020

COPYCAT STARBUCKS COOL LIME REFRESHER





 Ingredients:

3 cups water

2 cups freshly squeezed lime juice

¼ cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped

¾ cup cucumber, peeled and chopped

¾ cup sugar or sweetener

Limes for garnish (optional)


Directions:

Start by finely chopping the mint leaves and cucumber. Doing this will allow the juices and flavor to extract into the water better.

Next fill a pitcher with water and add the mint leaves and cucumber to it. You want to allow these to sit in the water for at least 15 minutes to infuse. I personally like to let mine infuse overnight.

Take a slotted spoon and remove the cucumbers and mint leaves from the water. It’s even easier if you have a special pitcher with a built in infuser.

Now add your lime juice and sugar and stir until well incorporated.


6 comments:

  1. Interesting, but I don't think this is my thing. You know I am fussy, so I only like drinks with one thing in it. I enjoyed reading the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had this recipes in my saved folder and wanted to finally make it. It was good and a great way to use the limes from my tree!

      Delete
    2. Were those limes as big as the lemons you had??

      Delete
    3. I wish! No they were very small

      Delete
  2. I LOVE lime-flavored drinks- I'll give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by KT

      Let me know if you try it.

      Delete