Friday, August 7, 2020

Sharon's Retro Cucumber Jello Salad

Ingredients:

3/4 cup boiling water

1 small package lime jello

1 cup cottage cheese or sub plain yogurt

1 cup mayo

1 large cucumber ( diced )

2 or 3 slices of red onion (diced)


Directions:


Dissolve jello into the boiling water , stir until fully dissolved. Set aside to cool.

Dice the cucumbers and onions into small pieces.

Add the cottage cheese, mayo to the cucumber and onions.

Once the jello has cooled add the cottage cheese mixture.

Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 dish.

Refrigerate until firm.


Sharon and Don walk with us every morning. Her hubby makes these.  

Sharon said this is her Mom's recipe.

5 comments:

  1. Now this is different. It is worth a try. Both Larry and I like cucumbers. Thank you for yet another interesting recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone gave me quite a few containers of cottage cheese. Dottie, I like cottage cheese but honey- I can only eat so much of it.

      I gave Sharon and her hubby 2 and she said her mom made a good salad for the summer.

      I asked her for some and the above is what she gave me.

      Yes, it's different. Hope you and Larry like it.

      Delete
  2. Interesting recipe, but I will pass.I am not a fan of this type of salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom took this to all our family reunions very special memories I was 10 I'm 64 now

    ReplyDelete