Saturday, August 8, 2020

Easy Old Fashioned Bread Pudding Recipe

 


Ingredients:

6 slices stale bread 

3 Tablespoons of butter 1 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp

4 Beaten Eggs

2 cups Milk

3/4 cup white sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and use 1 Tablespoon of butter to coat the inside of your 8 in. square baking dish.

Break your bread (I made larger pieces, rather than crumbling it up) in to the buttered baking dish.

Melt your remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, and drizzle over bread pieces.

In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients (don’t forget to beat your eggs first) until mixed well.

Pour this mixture over the bread, making sure to evenly coat each piece.

Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top of the bread pudding springs back after lightly touching it with a fork.


Mey gave me a half loaf of potato bread. Richard didn't want it and I can't stand to have anything go to waste.

I asked Richard if he liked bread pudding and he never had it. Hearing that I had to make him some.

My FIL loves bread pudding. If this virus ever goes away and we are allowed to travel I would love to make this for him.



3 comments:

  1. Linda this had me in tears. My Mom would make this for me before she passed . She would watch the sugar amount for me and bring it over. She always surprised me with it..She knew how much I loved Bread Pudding..I love Rice Pudding also..I am going to make this..With just the two of us there is always some stale Bread..Thank you so much for posting this..I will be thinking of Mom when I eat this..I miss her so much..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dottie- you know some times I wonder why I still blog. It's always just you and Myra who post.

      Your comment is SO very special to me. To me it my sign from above that maybe I do make a difference in someone's life.

      Lots of love and hugs

      Delete
  2. Linda......If Fred was still here, he would love this recipe. He LOVED bread pudding. You do make a difference in lots of people's lives. Dottie, when I saw your comment, it was like we have a connection with the bread pudding..Linda, you are so special......you will always be in my life as will Dottie. Love and lots of hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete