Friday, May 1, 2020

OUR FAVORITE CRAB CAKES






Ingredients:

20 saltine crackers finely crushed
1 pound lump crabmeat
½ cup mayonnaise
1 large egg
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 tablespoon Baking powder
½ teaspoon hot sauce 
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley 

Garnish: fresh dill and lemon wedge

Directions:

In a medium mixing bowl, gently combine the crushed crackers with the crabmeat. ( I crushed the saltines in food processor)

In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, egg, Worcestershire Sauce, baking powder, hot sauce and parsley until smooth.

Gently fold the mayonnaise mixture with the crabmeat mixture. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to cook.
When ready to cook, divide the crabmeat mixture into 8 equal parts and very gently pat into 1½-inch hamburger-like patties. DO NOT OVERWORK. Set the patties aside until ready to cook.

Set a large skillet over medium heat and, when hot, heat the oil until it shimmers. Set the crab cakes in the hot oil and cook, about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown on both sides and hot throughout. It is important to not crowd the skillet, so cook the crab cakes in two batches.


Transfer the cooked cakes to a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess oil and then to a serving plates.

I saw Ae-Yun this morning and gave her a bunch of moonflower plants. She gave me a bunch of veggies before I left then came out  with a package of crabmeat.

I made this up and went back to the store with a bunch for their dinner.

Gabe loves this recipe. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, everyone in my family loves crabcakes, except me. This is going to be made soon. You have the best neighbors. Wow, crabmeat. I had been looking for a recipe to try. This one is good. Thanks Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love crab cakes also. I will be making this. Yummy

      Delete