Saturday, March 7, 2020

Healthy Sautéed Kale Salad with Bacon, Walnuts




Ingredients:

6 ounces crispy bacon, chopped
6 cups kale, chopped
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper

DIRECTIONS:

1. To make the sauteed kale salad: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Heat 1 tablespoon oil ( I used bacon fat) and add kale. Sauté until kale is wilted – about 3 minutes. Season with pepper and remove from heat.

2. Top the kale salad with chopped bacon, walnuts. Give a quick stir to combine, and serve the sauteed kale salad with bacon, walnuts.


Note: I still have kale in the garden!

5 comments:

  1. This looks great. You are the most amazing Kale grower. I hope it keeps giving you Kale for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it's still doing so well!

      Delete
  2. Can't believe you still have Kale. This Salad looks so good. Going to have to make this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gabe cooked up some bacon and you know me- I wasn't gonna let some bacon grease go to waste!

      Delete
    2. Of course not.......you are the best use it up lady.

      Delete