Tuesday, September 24, 2019

STARBUCKS COPY CAT INSTANT POT EGG BITES





We tossed the idea around about getting an RV for awhile.  Gabe heard about the IP and figured it would be something we could use in the RV.

I don't use the IP as much as I should. The recipes I've made have been good.

The yoga ladies rave about the Starbucks egg bites. I don't like Starbucks coffee thus don't patronizer the store.

Never had a egg bite from Starbucks but I sure enjoyed these.

For those who do not own an instant pot I would grease muffins tins and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes- give or take



Ingredients:

 5 large eggs
 1/2 cup cottage cheese
 1/4 cup  Greek yogurt 
 3/4 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
 1/2 teaspoon salt (didn't use)
 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
 1/3 cup chopped scallion green tops


Directions:

Pour one cup of water into the pressure cooker. Place the trivet on top.

In a blender, Pour in the eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese, salt red pepper and green onions tops. Blend until smooth and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.

Spray the cups of the silicone mold with cooking spray.  Pour the egg mixture into each cup in the mold but DO NOT fill to the top. Leave a bit of head space otherwise you are going to get a blob not a bite.
Place the molds on top of the trivet and cover with foil. Lock the lid and set the pressure cooker to the steam function for 8 minutes.

After the 8 minutes has passed, let the pot do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes. Manually release any remaining pressure. Carefully lift the mold out of the pressure cooker. Let sit for 2 minutes. Place a plate on top of the mold and flip mold over. Bites should slide out nicely.




3 comments:

  1. This is one I will not make. I do not eat eggs at all. I am sure those who do, will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved the ones we made too Linda....I think I made Mexican ones...I remember Bob putting salsa on them. Then again that man would put salsa on ANYTHING!!!! I'll have to make some more of these-they're so good.

    ReplyDelete