Wednesday, June 5, 2019

DELMARVALOUS CHICKEN





DELMARVALOUS CHICKEN
Posted by: avidcookGA

This recipe is from the Salisbury, Maryland Jaycees who held a huge BBQ fundraiser each year. My father was a member in the early 1950’s so the recipe is at least 50 years old. The name Delmarvalous comes from the Delmarva Peninsula of Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia. I thought you might like a little history with your recipe. The secret to the recipe is to boil the ingredients for 5 minutes and then add the chicken in batches and let the chicken pieces boil in the marinade for 2 minutes on each side. This gets the flavor of the marinade all through the chicken and also helps to tenderize it. The Jaycees did the marinade in huge batches to serve hundreds at a times If you are using whole chickens, cut them up before placing in marinade. I just pick the pieces that my family likes, you could do all breasts if you like. I hope that you will enjoy it as much as my family does. 
2 whole chickens, cut-up or use only the pieces you like ( I used one chicken)

This is a VERY old recipe from the TOH board. I made it many years ago and actually forgot about it.  Recently found in one of my folders and Gabe and I loved it.

WATER ¼ CUP
VINEGAR ½ CUP
BUTTER 3 TABLESPOONS
SALT 1 TABLESPOON
POULTRY SEASONING ¼ TABLESPOON
PEPPER ¼ teaspoon
WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE ½ TABLESPOON
TABASCO ¼ TABLESPOON
PAPRIKA ¼ teaspoon
GARLIC POWDER ¼ teaspoon

Combine all marinade ingredients and boil for 5 minutes. Add chicken pieces in batches and let boil in the marinade 2 minutes per side. If you are ready, you can immediately place the chicken on the grill and baste with the leftover marinade, turning frequently until chicken is done. The chicken should be crispy on the outside and very juicy and moist on the inside. You can also do this ahead and let the chicken continue to marinate in the refrigerator until ready to cook. It can marinate overnight and be grilled the next day

4 comments:

  1. This sounds so wonderful. Going to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gabe cooked it on the BBQ. It was SO good!

      Delete
  2. We love this chicken too, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I made it before but wanted to add the recipe here so I could find it!

      It's a keeper for sure.

      We got some good recipes from the old board didn't we?

      Delete