Saturday, June 1, 2019

Crustless Blueberry Pie




Oh My Stars! Is this pie good. Saw the recipe and knew I had to make it ASAP!

I've been picking blueberries for about 2 weeks. First was a great place called Blueberry Hill ( which I found out is owned by a former New Yorker). Scott's Blueberry was my next pick and then Rooney's Front Porch.

Ingredients:

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
 1 cup all-purpose flour
 1 teaspoon Saigon  cinnamon
 1/4 teaspoon salt
 1/2 cup  unsalted butter, melted
 2 large eggs
 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
 2 cups plus 1/4 cup fresh blueberries, divided 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Spray pie dish ( I used a glass one) with cooking spray

Add 1 cup sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt to a large bowl-and stir until well combined

In a small saucepan melt butter over low heat. Once melted remove from stove and let cool.

Add eggs, vanilla and almond extract to the cooled melted butter. Stir until well combined

Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir to combined. 

Add 2 cups blueberries, batter will be thick.

Add the mixture to the prepared pie dish. Sprinkle the remainder of the berries to the top of the mixture you put in the pie plate and add the rest of the sugar to the top of the pie.

Bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until edges are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs but no batter.





6 comments:

  1. My neighbor just gave me a big bag of blueberries..They were so full of ciggarette smoke that I tossed them..I even washed them but couldn't get rid of the smokey smell..I will buy me some more and make this..I bet it is good..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dottie- You need to sub the sugar for your sweetener but it will be well worth it! It's yummy! My neighbor Richard gave it the "Richard Approval Stamp" LOL

      Delete
  2. Linda, this sounds awesome, and so easy. I am going to make it real soon.

    Dottie so sorry you had to toss the blueberries. I can't stand smelling smoke in food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myra- I think you and the family will really like this one!

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda, My mouth is watering just looking at the picture! Can't wait to try this tasty treat!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Thank you for always sharing your wonderful goodies with us!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy- I had one slice and had to give the rest away. Richard and Mey got a huge piece, Kenny got a slice and the last slice to the lady at the library. I had to give it away- IT WAS SO GOOD!

      Delete