Sunday, February 24, 2019

Sweet & Salty Strawberry Salad



Ingredients:

3 Tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce
3 cups strawberries, washed, hulled and halved
1/3 cup chopped pecans

Directions:

In a medium glass bowl combine sugar, vinegar,salt, and red pepper sauce. Add strawberries and toss to coat and allow berries to marinate for about 10 minutes

To serve- spoon berries into individual bowls and sprinkle with nuts of your choice.


this is SO good!

8 comments:

  1. Wow this is different with strawberries. I will have to try this when I get some fresh strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dottie- let me know how is was with the artificial sweetener.

      Delete
  2. This sounds great. I am going to save it for the summer time. I am also curious how it would be with fake sugar. Tho, there really isn't that much sugar in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda! I'm so glad you came back to my blog hop after all these years. The salad recipe looks amazing. (Strawberries are my favorite!) I can't wait to try it. Thanks so much for sharing at the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home. Hope to see you next week!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so yummy. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete