Saturday, August 18, 2018

Peach and Red Onion Relish







Chutneys & Relishes cookbook was in my collection many years and I hope someone will enjoy it as much as I did.

The relish is delicious and I served it with Chicken.



Ingredients:

¼ small red onion, very thinly diced

2 ripe peaches, very thinly sliced

1 tablespoon honey

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Coarse salt and pepper to taste


Instructions:

Soak onion slices in ice water for 10 minutes; then drain and blot dry. Mix all together and let stand for 15 minutes. Serve with pork, chicken or fish. Refrigerate leftovers; it will keep for 1 day.








2 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful. Must be so good with chicken. Whole bunch of flavors in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so many peaches and it was a great recipe to try!

      Delete