Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Chickpea and Tomato Salad Recipe




It's Live Oak recipe exchange day! Theme was salads- lots of yummy tomatoes around and love the idea of adding chickpeas.

INGREDIENTS
2 15-ounce cans of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
4 tomatoes (about 2 lbs.), cored and chopped
4 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
1 cup of chopped red onion, green onion, or sweet yellow onion ( used red onion)

2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley

DRESSING:

1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 Tbsp of white wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbsp)
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme or a teaspoon of fresh chopped thyme)

DIRECTIONS:
1- Combine the garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and onions in a large bowl.

2- Put the ingredients for the dressing into a small jar or I used my magic bullet , close the lid and shake or mix until the dressing is emulsified. Pour over beans, tomatoes, and onions.

You can chill the undressed salad up to six hours, until ready to serve.


3- When ready to serve, gently stir in the chopped eggs and parsley.

6 comments:

  1. My neighbor Lady Jo just gave me some wonderful tasting tomatoes from her Garden. I will share this recipe with her. I know I will love trying it. Thank you Linda. My love to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so yummy looking Linda.....aside from the EGGS....I make a chick pea salad and I love the idea of adding tomatoes. I will try this without the eggs. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Myra :-) forgot that you dislike eggs.

      Delete
  3. Linda I tried this. Loved it. Jo liked it also.Ty Ty Ty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent!!! Thanks for letting me know.

      Hugs

      Delete