Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Cheddar Bacon Chicken Tenders


I never buy tenders, I use large chicken breasts and cut it into strips. One large chicken breast was all I needed for this recipe. Once I cut the breast into the strips I used a mallet to flatten the chicken. 

We love chicken and this is easy and a make again.


Recipe from Real Housemoms

Ingredients:

1 egg
garlic salt to taste
onion salt to taste
pepper
1/2 cup plain panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
3 ounces bacon slices crumbled
14 ounces chicken tenders ( used chicken breast cut into tenders and flatten with a mallet- place a large sheet of wax paper on the counter- chicken on the wax paper and add another sheet on top of the chicken and start pounding )

directions:

Heat oven to 400 degrees

Spray a medium sized roasting/grill pan with cooking spray

Sprinkle the tenders with garlic and onion salt and pepper

Beat the egg in a shallow bowl and dip the seasoned chicken the egg.

Remove the chicken from the egg and dip in the panko and cheese mixture. Make sure the tenders are covered.

Place the chicken in the pan and top chicken with bacon. I cooked more than the 3 ounces and covered each tender with the bacon.

Spray the chicken with cooking spray and bake for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink and the crumbs are golden brown.








10 comments:

  1. O this looks so good !! My mouth is watering..Great idea using chicken breast and cutting for tenders. Gonna have to try this one. YUM !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about you but the chicken breast I buy are huge! Gabe really liked this, it has cheese on it!

      Delete
  2. I love chicken tenders. I love cheese too. Thanks Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made Gabe really happy with this one- cheese and bacon!

      Delete
  3. Oh yum! Definitely a keeper. My granddaughter's loves bacon, chicken & cheese! Will be making this for sure. Thanks, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if they liked it Angela. Gabe sure did:-)

      Delete
  4. Those look great Linda. I do what you do-I never buy chicken tenders...I cut up chicken breasts and make my own chicken strips.

    You know me-I'm always looking for new chicken ideas....thanks for sharing this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol- the breast are so huge that why not cut them into tenders. See GMTA

      Delete
  5. Oh Linda that looks so good. I don't buy tenders either . This is going to be tried for sure. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete