Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Carol's A-Z Cookies

Carol posted this recipe and I wanted to bring cookies to the in-laws when we visited. I had all the ingredients, except the coconut which is never in the house. Didn't have chocolate chips but did have a bag of peanut butter chips which I used in place of the chocolate.

Gabe's parents live in a huge apartment complex. A nurse is on call 24 hours and they have activities to keep them busy. I knew if I made a large tin my MIL could share with her friends.

Carol's recipe is HERE



                                                                              Gabe's Parents

The real name of the cookies -A-Z Everything But The Kitchen Sink Chocolate Chip Cookies. Carol adapted the recipe from Cookin with Love @ Tasty Kitchen

ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1  teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon ( used saigon cinnamon)
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon milk
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup crushed corn flakes
3 cups old fashion oats
1/2 cup coconut *
1 12 ounce package semisweet chocolate chips**
1 cup chopped walnuts ( didn't add)

directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda,salt and cinnamon and set aside.

In a large bowl ( used my kitchen aid mixer) cream the butter and the sugars until light. Add the eggs,one at a time.Add the milk and the vanilla, mix until combined.

Slowly add the flour mixture, stirring until well blended. Stir in the cornflakes, oats, coconut, chocolate chips and nuts.

Roll dough into a ball the size of a walnut. Place on prepared pan 

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack.

Makes about 5 dozen

* I don't like coconut so it's never  in the house. 

** I didn't have chocolate chips so I used peanut butter chips.

As you can tell by the photo, my in-laws loved them! 





5 comments:

  1. I love love LOVE these cookies-why? Because you can do exactly what you did-use whatever you have on hand in them. There's so many goodies in there-that pesky coconut wasn't even missed. :) Did you up the corn flakes to take its place?

    Bob is a die hard oatmeal raisin cookie fan but he had to admit-he really liked these a lot. Oooooo-raisins..........or dried cranberries..........those would be good in these too..............see what I mean? A-Z and then some!

    What a great photo of your in-laws...I'm so happy they loved them too.....gee-do ya think she shared?

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to give these a try. I love peanut butter chips... but I think I might try butterscotch chips. It sounds like a recipe that lends itself to a lot of versatility!

    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice looking set of in-laws you have Linda. Very nice looking couple, and they look so happy to be eating those yummy cookies.

    I don't do much baking anymore, but this recipe is one I am going to copy and try. Maybe I will feel better if I start to bake and cook again. Thank you Carol for the recipe, and Linda for sharing and the wonderful picture of Gabe's parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't go wrong with any of the cookies that Carol makes. I've always gotten rave reviews from the girls about them.
    Love the Cookie Picture, that's one worth framing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo!
    I'm not big on coconut either --thought things tempt me here and there. Looks like a long list of ingredients, but everything is usually on hand or easy to substitute. I bet the cornflakes give a nice crunch. Thank you for sharing this week!

    ReplyDelete