Thursday, August 15, 2013

Grandma Pat’s Oven-Fried Corn Flake Chicken




I had a cut up chicken ready to go on the grill but the rain was coming down fast and furious and had to switch plans.

Love recipes like this, simple and good.

Grandma Pat- good job! Delicious.

3 large chicken breast or tenders ( I cut up a 3 pound chicken)
1 cup Italian  dressing ( used Good Seasons Italian Vinaigrette with extra virgin olive oil)
1 tablespoon garlic salt ( Didn't use)
3 cups crushed corn flakes

Preheat oven to 350

If using cereal corn flakes , crush finely. I used my Cuisinart.

Place rinsed and dry chicken in a plastic bag and marinade in the Italian dressing about 30 minutes.

Remove chicken and dredge chicken in corn flakes and and place on pan covered with aluminum foil. I also sprayed the pan with PAM.

Cook for 45 minutes. I used bone in chicken which takes longer to cook then tenders and boneless breasts.

The original recipe is from The Naptime Chef.

Note: Gabe wanted me to add this to the blog. He told me that this recipe is so good that he wants others to enjoy it as much as he did!



11 comments:

  1. Morning * This is a winner. I have made it many times. Cornflakes really does make a great breading. Have you ever added some potato chips to the mix? That's pretty darn good too. Glad you added this recipe to your blog.

    Thanks Jj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Janie,

      I'm not big on potato chip but Gabe love them. I'll have to surprise him.

      Linda

      Delete
  2. Gabe was right-that chicken looks WAY too good to not share the recipe. Isn't it amazing how just a few ingredients can give you a WOW dinner dish?

    Thanks Linda-you know we LOVE chicken and I have a couple whole ones in the freezer I need to use. I'll be saving this one for sure.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol- I'm with you. There's always chicken in the freezer or in the fridge. So many ways different things to do with it.

      Linda

      Delete
  3. I have used cornflakes to bread chicken also. I have made this recipe also. Another way I did it was to coat the chicken in mayo, and then dip it in the cornflakes. My kids loved this. You can also use cornflake crumbs to make meatballs...it is really good.

    Gabe was right, this was too good not to share.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have to get some cornflakes! This looks great!

      Delete
    2. Myra- I've made meatloaf with the cornflakes a very long time, thanks for the reminder. Now to find that recipe.

      Paddi- this is a good recipe when you go back to school. Super easy and really good.
      Linda

      Delete
  4. I love that this is done in the oven. looks deelish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for peeking in. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
      Linda

      Delete
  5. Linda, made this one for dinner last night, we all really enjoyed it! Thank you so much for sharing it and to Carol for steering me here for it! :)

    ReplyDelete