Saturday, June 22, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Meatballs

My plan was to make this with chicken I had left over but I didn't have enough so ended up going to Winn- Dixie to pick up additional meat.

Ground turkey was on sale, buy one get one free and since I interchange turkey/chicken I didn't have a problem with this and I saved some money.



Easy to prepare and I did change two ingredients, I subbed blue cheese for ranch and Franks hot sauce for Louisiana hot sauce.


Ingredients:


1 pound lean ground chicken ( used ground turkey)

1 egg- beaten

1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs

1 carrot
1 stalk celery
2 green onions (used small yellow onion)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 ounce crumbled blue cheese ( used ranch)
1/2 cup Frank's Hot Sauce (or your favorite), divided
1 tablespoon butter

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Line a cookie sheet with foil or  parchment paper.

In your food processor toss in the celery, onion and carrot.

Pulse into small pieces.

In a large bowl add the egg, which was beaten. To that add the chopped vegetables from the food processor. Then add the panko, chicken, garlic powder, 1/2 of the hot sauce. I did not add salt.

Fold together but don't over mix.

Form into meatballs and place on sheet.

Bake for 20 mins.


While the meatballs are cooking melt butter and rest of the hot sauce.

When you take the meatballs out of the oven, plate them and let them rest for about 5 minutes. Pour hot sauce over the meatballs.

                         Recipe found on pinterest. Adapted from here



2 comments:

  1. I have these pinned too Linda-glad to hear they're good. I kind of flinched at the blue cheese-just not a fan of the stuff.......so you added a little shot of Ranch dressing instead? That's what I'll do.

    I'd love to sneak a meatball out of that dish let me tell ya. :)


    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, you will never see blue cheese in my fridge! Can't even stand the smell.

    ReplyDelete