1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 pinch kosher salt
1 cup old fashioned oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and mix.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until the flour is just combined.
- Remove the bowl from the stand mixer and fold in the oats.
- Using a medium sized cookie scoop, scoop 12 cookies onto each baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes and then remove from the oven. If you don't want a chewy center, bake the cookies for about 13 - 14 minutes. Once the cookies are removed from the oven, let them sit on the baking sheet for a few more minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Repeat the process with any remaining dough and store the cookies in an air tight container.