Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Memorial Park


The site is 16 acres. You walk in through the southwest part of the site. The two footprint pools have the names of all the people that died along the ledge of each pool. There are 400 white oak trees to symbolize rebirth in the spring,provide shade in the summer and seasonal color in the fall.


I wanted to add this photo to point out the visitors. The pools are very large and have four sides right? When visitors walk in they all gather on one section of the pool. They were 4 to 5 deep. I really don't understand that. People please walk to another part so you can read what's on the ledge and not get pushed out of the way!

I also wanted to add this Link. This article is very accurate. I saw this when I was there. What happened to respect?


1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. It is hard to imagine what it is really like until you have seen it in person. I hope to one of these days. Some people just want to go there to say "I was there", and these people don't really understand it entirely. Hopefully once the park is finished, they will take their picnics there and leave the memorial for those who want to visit for the right reasons.

    ReplyDelete