Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

My Dad
( little history on that haircut- my uncle was getting married
and my paternal grandmother decided I needed a haircut
without telling anyone that she was taking me to get it cut.)




A Little Girl Needs Daddy A little girl needs Daddy
For many, many things:
Like holding her high off the ground
Where the sunlight sings!
Like being the deep music
That tells her all is right
When she awakens frantic with
The terrors of the night

Like being the great mountain
That rises in her heart
And shows her how she might get home
When all else falls apart.

Like giving her the love
That is her sea and air,
So diving deep or soaring high
She'll always find him there
- Author Unknown

 

2 comments:

  1. What a nice poem. It is so important to enjoy and remember your dads. LIfe changes so quickly, so remember to cherish each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable photo of you and your Dad! I remember many barbeques on the beach together with our two families. Hot dogs and clams baked on the grill. Riding in the back of the jeep along the ocean... sweet memories! ~Aurora

    ReplyDelete