Thursday, July 4, 2024

St. Hubert's Copycat St-Hubert Traditional Coleslaw

 



Ingredients:

16 oz Coleslaw Mix

⅓ Cup White Sugar

1 Cup White Vinegar

¾ Cup Vegetable Oil

1 Tbsp Garlic Powder


1 Tbsp Onion Powder

1 Tbsp Salt

Ground Black Pepper, to taste


 

In a mixing bowl, add the cabbage and carrots with the sugar. Mix until well combined. Set aside.

In a saucepan, combine vinegar, oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir and bring to a boil.

Pour hot liquid over the coleslaw mixture and mix well


Whenever we visit we HAVE to go to St. Hubert's for a meal. Chicken is delicious and this type of coleslaw is my favorite.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting. Most coleslaw that I have made have mayonnaise in them. I like this vegan version. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like mayo in my coleslaw. I've made others without the mayo but this one is SO good. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

      Delete
  2. This is Myra. Still am without a computer. I had gotten one and when I hooked it up, the screen was broken. Just my luck. Now It has to be returned and then will have to get another one.
    Thank goodness I can use this to get to this link, but it is both the same as having my bookmarked link on my computer to check in everyday.
    This Cole slaw recipe is going in my file. Love co!e slaw without mayo. Thanks Linda. I hope to get back to my everyday check-in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had this when we were in Canada. I had it before but never looked up the recipe. It's a keeper

    ReplyDelete