Thursday, February 1, 2024

Aunt Weezie's Lemon Supreme Cake







Ingredients:

1 pkg. Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix

½ c. Wesson oil ( HAS TO BE VEG OIL)

½ c. water

1 pkg. lemon jello ( Not sugar free)

4 eggs

Directions:

Beat eggs ⁠— add rest + beat till smooth with mixer. Cook in tube pan 350° for 45 minutes.




Remove hot cake from tube pan and drizzle icing all over it. Cake must be hot when you put the icing on.


Let cool + serve.


ICING

1½ c. confectioners sugar

2 T soft butter or marg.

4 T Real Lemon (bottled) 


Blend together. Should be watery.


NOTE FROM ORGINAL POSTER:

Oh my gosh this is the BEST cake! I can’t remember any family event without Aunt Weezie’s lemon supreme cake on the dessert board. She’s gone now and I have taken on that responsibility. Notes: It must be Duncan Hines cake mix. Wesson is a brand, but any brand of vegetable oil is fine, just don’t substitute for olive, canola, or corn. It must be vegetable oil. Don’t substitute with diet jello. Confectioners sugar, 10X, or any powdered sugar is fine, just not granulated. Lemon juice in the bottle or squirter works better than a “real” lemon for a strong and consistent flavor. You can cook this in a prepared tube pan or a Bundt pan.  

Ae-Yuns father died and made this to bring to the family along with Chicken and Rice. He father loved anything with lemon.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to see the news about Ae-Yuns father. This cake sounds so good. I love lemon also. The family must have appreciated your meal along with a dessert he would have loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was such a nice man. His garden was huge and he made animals( from cement). He started with an elephant family, then he added giraffes. There is a large lot in back of the store which had flowers and the garden animals. If there were people in need he never hesitated to help them out.
      I loved baking for them cause he always loved everything I made. I would give him whatever I made and he would bow and thanks me and put whatever I made right into his mouth. Then smile and say " Good, Good".
      The cake was a huge hit. I had to grab the last piece for Mei. I had to try a slice and it was moist and you could taste the lemon.
      Made me feel good to get out and help someone who was in need.

      Delete
    2. He was he the man who made the cement animals. He was so talented. So nice of you to make this for him.

      Delete