Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Pucker Bars- Recipe Exchange

 




Ingredients:

3 cups rice cereal

1/2 cup flour

1 Tablespoon brown sugar

1/3 cup butter or margarine

3 eggs

2/3 cup sugar

1/4 cup lemon juice ( used my Meyer Lemons)

2-3 Tablespoon flour

1/2 tsp baking powder

powdered sugar


Directions:

Crush the rice cereal into fine crumbs. Stir together crumbs, 1/2 cup flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter till well blended. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 8 x 8 x 2" pan. Bake 350º for 15 minutes. In small bowl mix together eggs, sugar, lemon juice, 1 tbsp flour and the baking powder. Pour over the hot crust. Bake 350º until center is set. Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into squares. ENJOY!

 


8 comments:

  1. I am trying this. I have rice Krispies to use up. Plus our lemons are ready . Thanks. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to bake it a bit more to get the center to set. Do you have a Meyer lemon tree also?

      Delete
  2. This sounds so good. will have to get some rice cereal to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy it

      Delete
    2. This is me up above. Don;'t know why I came out anonymous

      Delete
  3. Lol Linda, no clue if it's a Meyer tree, just know it has lemons on it.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when we moved here I had no idea about lemons. A few told us about Meyer's. They are a bit sweeter. Did you try the bars?

      Delete
  4. The bars are or should I say was yummy . It's a keeper. I brought them to cards and thank goodness I got one.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete