Tuesday, May 31, 2022

May Books

 BLUEBIRD:“Bluebirds” was the nickname given by soldiers to the World War I Canadian nurses who wore cheery blue uniforms. The bluebirds served as both medical providers and a source of care and comfort to wounded soldiers. Full of wartime heroics, rollicking rumrunners, and star-crossed lovers, bluebird has it all. But most of all, it is full of heart and compassion for the men and women who served in the first global conflict facing our world and whose grit, determination and enterprise forged the one in its wake.

The Book Woman's Daughter: As soon as I saw this was out I downloaded it ASAP! I loved Kim Michele Richardson's first book- The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek. In her first book I learned about the book woman who traveled on horseback to deliver books to rural families in Kentucky. How the program was started, where they got their book and how dangerous  it was. This book is about Honey Mary Angeline Lovett. At 16 years old she was left on her own due to her parents being incarcerated ( they did NOTHING wrong except love one another). Wonderful story 


3 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading your reviews of the books you read. I remember you talking about the Book Woman's Daughter. I have to check both of these books out. Thanks for another month of good reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a lot of books in a month but I only put on the ones I REALLY like. So happy you are able to post again.

      Delete
    2. I am happy to be able to get on here also. Yeah

      Delete