Thursday, July 1, 2021

Guy Clark - Homegrown Tomatoes




 I love a good tomato sandwich. Tomato on white Wonder Bread with some mayo 😁  

When we lived on Long Island I didn't need to grow them, farm stands had an abundance of field tomatoes that were always picked that morning.

The tomatoes in Florida are tasteless. I've bought them in every store and farmers market. None were worthy of a good tomato sandwich.

Mey picked up some seedlings. She kept three and I took the other three.

Today I picked my first Florida tomato that I grew. 

It was a bit better then the other tomatoes ( maybe just in my imagination)  but knowing I will never have a Long Island tomato again, I can settle for second best.

 Heard this song and perfect for my tomato story.

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute. And I love Tomato Sandwiches. Especially those great Beefsteaks. I have a few in the fridge that is calling me for breakfast..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like the perfect breakfast to me!

      Delete
  2. Cute song. I used to eat tomato sandwiches also. You brought back some good memories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You tube always has something great to see

      Delete