Monday, November 16, 2020

Red Dog Toast

 




 Oh my gosh, this recipe. It looks SO silly, but it came out SO good. It's basically savory French toast, made with (of all things) tomato soup instead of milk. I think the key is to use very good quality ingredients-- I also kicked it up a bit. I fried them in bacon grease!


Recipe from the  1970 Women's Day Collector's Cookbook.


Ingredients:

2 eggs

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. paprika ( used sweet paprika)

1/2 cup condensed tomato soup

6 slices bread

 butter or drippings

parsley or chives minced


Directions:

Beat first 4 ingredients until light. Soak bread in this mixture and sauté in hot butter or drippings until browned. Serve sprinkled with minced parsley or chives. Serves 3.


2 comments:

  1. I must say you do find the most different types of recipes to try. Not sure I would like this, but I am enjoying reading your posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, this one was not for you but it was good!

      Yes, I do enjoy finding different recipes. Hopefully someone will find something that they really love.

      Delete