Sunday, November 22, 2020

LEMON BLUEBERRY TEXAS SIZED MUFFINS






Ingredients:


1/2 cup butter (I like salted, softened)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt ( didn't add)
1/2 cup of orange juice
1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries

Optional: Powdered sugar glaze or drizzle of vanilla frosting

Directions:

Wash off the outside of the lemons, and then roll them around under your hand to soften and “loosen” up the juice inside.

Then cut in half and squeeze out the juice, being careful to remove any seeds.

In your mixer bowl,  beat together the butter and sugar, then add the eggs and lemon juice. 

In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. To give the muffins an extra citrus taste,  use orange juice instead of milk for the liquid. Measure out orange juice. Now alternately add flour mixture and orange juice to  creamed sugar, eggs and lemon juice,  a bit at a time till it’s all incorporated. 

 If you’re using frozen blueberries (not for fresh) stir them with a Tablespoon of flour. This will soak up some of the moisture when they bake.

Turn off your mixer and gently stir the blueberries into the batter.

 Pour in your batter into muffin cups and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for around 
a knife or toothpick inserted comes out cleanly.



5 comments:

  1. I love the knitted (or crocheted?) Turkey! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I crocheted him many years ago. I don't decorate much anymore but I always bring him out.

      Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.!!

      Delete
  2. Texas sized is the right name for this recipe. They look amazing. I also love your turkey!! It is so hard to do much with my hands anymore, but I like seeing other people's crafty ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made that turkey MANY years ago when I use to crochet all the time. Now I have bags of yarn but no desire to make anything.

      Delete
    2. It takes lots of patience to make things anymore. Also, I don't have the fingers to do this either. I like looking at what others make.

      Delete